Warning: change of address of the Github repository !
The code of the application is now available here: https://github.com/collec-science/collec-science
Version 2.8.0 is on line !
You can presently view the list of additions (look at the different versions)
- Collect samples, store them in containers, tag them and find them years later !
- Check the contents of freezers simply by scanning the labels of the samples found in them !
- Print the storage product and the associated risks on the label, to avoid unpleasant surprises later !
The software is based on two types of objects :
- containers which contain particular objects
- like a building, a room, a freezer, a box, a can, a test tube …
- total traceability : input and output flows are recorded
- the samples
- the types are configurable
- they’re associated to projects (or sub-collections) so that the particular information can only be managed by users concerned
- possibility to declare specific metadata (taxa, special charateristics) fully configurable
- it is possible to import existing batches
The software allows to record inflows and outflows of all types of objects by scanning the QRCODE printed on the labels even while working in a room without a Wi-Fi connection (if the barcode reader allows the storage of information).
You go out to the field, without internet connection ? Embark the software and its database in a Rasperry, connect locally in wifi, print directly the labels and go back to the office or the research lab to import in a few clicks the samples collected !
Collec-Science is designed to help scientists and their technical teams track their samples.
Technically, it works in web mode. Written in PHP, it works with a PostgreSQL database.
Look at the PDF presentation of version 1.1: presentation_collec-science_septembre_2017
Preview the poster created by Christine Plumejeaud for the ILTER conference which took place in Nantes in October 2017: 2017_sept_QRCODE_LTER
Here is an article from a presentation in the Inforsid conference in Nantes, May 2018 : Sample management for scientific research with Collec-Science
Test the software : https://demo.collec-science.inrae.fr
- login : collec-science
- password : Collec-Science
- entry / exit of the stock of any object (a container can be placed in another, such as a box in a cupboard, a cupboard in a room, etc.)
- ability to generate tags with or without QRCODE, which may contain metadata appropriate to the sample type. Print either directly from the browser or from a printer connected to the server
- event management for all objects
- reservation of any object
- scanner reading (barcode reader) QRCODE, object by object, or in batch mode (multiple reading, then integration of movements in a single operation)
- individual reading of QRCODES by tablet or smartphone (tested, but not very practical for performance reasons)adding photos or attachments to any object
- adding metadata to samples, depending on the collection operation performed
- export samples and import into another database
- saisie sur le terrain (avec ou sans génération d’étiquettes) field collection (with or without label generation)
- exchanges between laboratories
- software approved to Irstea, resistant to opportunistic attacks according to the OWASP nomenclature (ASVS project), but probably capable of meeting most standard level needs
- possible identification in several ways: internal account base, ldap directory, ldap – database (mixed identification), via a CAS server, or by delegation to an identification proxy server, such as LemonLDAP, for example
- rights management can rely on groups in an LDAP directory (mixed operation possible, with LDAP groups and locally declared groups)
- password reset mechanism by sending an email for accounts declared in the local database
This software is available under the AGPL license
The version 1.0 was registered with the Agence de Protection des Programmes under the number IDDN.FR.001.470013.000.S.C.2016.000.31500
Copyright INRAE © 2016-2022 – All rights reserved.